Budgeting Your Move
It is important to establish a budget for moving expenses as soon as you decide to move.
List all the expenses that might occur before, during, and after the move.
If you decide to hire a professional moving company you need to estimate the cost of your move.
- The cost of moving when you hire a professional mover depends on several factors:
- The weight of your move. The more weight, the more cost.
- The number of miles you're traveling and the states of your old home and your destination. (Some carriers only serve certain states)
- The time you decide to move.
- How easy is the access to your home or apartment.
- Packing and unpacking requirements.
You should expect paying more for your move during peak times. Moving industry is usually busier during:
1.The summer. It is usually cheaper to move between October and April
3.Last week of each month (especially last day) and first two-three days
5.During the summer middle of the month is also a busy period
When planning the budget for your move, don't forget additional costs that you might incur. Those costs include:
hotel room, if you will need a place to stay while your belongings are en route car rental if you will be shipping your car
utilities fees for shutting off or turning on existing or new services a tip for the movers